In light of the current global coronavirus pandemic and its upcoming impact on our local healthcare system we have today taken the unprecedented decision to make a temporary but significant change within our business in terms of the services we currently offer.
Please understand that we are not introducing these changes lightly, but have made them in what we believe is a timely fashion. As medical professionals we believe that it is neither ethical nor safe from a public health perspective to continue to offer some of our services over the upcoming weeks. It is critical that we do our part in slowing down community transmission, as well as proactively reducing exposure to our valued team members.
Therefore, as of Monday 30th March 2020 we shall be temporarily ceasing our aesthetic medicine and dermal therapy services. The clinic will continue to operate our skin cancer services. We shall be instigating Telehealth as far as is practical this respect, although some skin lesions will still need to be seen in person to be accurately assessed. Please bear with us as we get used to the Telehealth technology and the restructuring of our appointment diary. Urgent (Category 1) excisions will continue but Category 3 and some Category 2 excisions will be postponed.
Some of our team members will be redeployed within the clinic, while some of the medical and nursing staff are temporarily stepping away to return to a more frontline medical role.
We shall be reinstating our aesthetic & dermal therapy services as soon as is practical. In the meantime, if you have a Hydrafacial® membership with us, these will automatically be put on hold until such time as we are able to reopen. We can still provide your favourite skincare products via post or by home delivery, and are available via phone for skincare advice. Please contact the clinic by email or phone to order skincare.
To each and every one of our aesthetic patients, we thank you, not only for your understanding and support in these strange and difficult times, but also for all the love you have shown us over the past 5 years as we have grown and developed our little business. Our thoughts are with you all and we look forward to catching up when the craziness is over.
For the safety of our patients and team members we have instituted the following infection control measures in the clinic:
1. Regular cleaning has been increased so that all door handles and surfaces are disinfected with antiviral cleaner between each patient contact.
3. You will be requested to wash your hands on arrival to the clinic, and also offered the use of alcohol hand sanitiser.
4. You will notice that your Nurse/Doctor will be wearing a face mask and gloves to minimise the risk of asymptomatic viral spread.
5. We are spacing our appointments further apart to minimse contact between patients in the waiting room. We have also elongated the length of our appointments where possible to allow for additional cleaning measures.
6. There are changes in the waiting room, including further spacing between chairs and removal of all magazines.
7. Please do not bring children or additional adults with you to your appointment unless they are required as a carer or translator.
8. We ask that any patients who are unwell, have been in contact with a known or suspected case of CoVid-19, or who have returned from overseas within the past 14 days do not visit the clinic. Please contact our reception to rearrange your appointment.