As we develop through life, natural bone remodelling along with shrinkage and shifting of the facial fat compartments can lead to signs of facial ageing, such as:
- Hollowing of the facial contours
- Flattening of the cheek projections
- Lines appearing around the eyes and lips
- Lowering or sagging of the brows
- Deepening of the nasolabial folds between the nose and mouth corner
- Development of jowls
Loss of fat volume as we age can also affect the backs of the hands, giving a skeletal look. Restoring the fat volume to the face and hands can bring back youthful and more aesthetically pleasing contours.
FAQs about Fat Grafting?
or Contact Us to Arrange Your Appointment/Initial Consultation.
- Coleman SR. Facial recontouring with lipostructure. Clin Plast Surg. 1997;24:347-367.
- Tzikas TL. Lipografting: autologous fat grafting for total facial rejuvenation. Facial Plast Surg. 2004;20:135-143.
- Trepsat F. Periorbital rejuvenation combining fat grafting and blepharoplasties. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2003;27:243-253.
- Aboudib JHC, Cardoso de Castro C, Gradel J. Hand rejuvenescence by fat filling. Ann Plast Surg. 1992;28:559-564.
- Coleman SR. Structural fat grafts: the ideal filler? Clin Plast Surg. 2001;28:111-119.
- FontdevilaJ,Serra-RenomJM,RaigosaM,et al.Assessing the long-term viability of facial fat grafts: an objective measure using computed tomography. Aesthet Surg J. 2008;28:380-386.
- Tabit CJ, Slack GC, Fan K, et al. Fat grafting versus adipose-derived stem cell therapy: distinguishing indica- tions, techniques, and outcomes. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2012;36:704-713.
- Kim SM, Kim YS, Hong JW, et al. An analysis of the experiences of 62 patients with moderate complications after full-face fat injection for augmentation. Plast Reconstr Surg 2012;129:1359-1368.
- Kakagia D, Pallua N. Autologous Fat Grafting: In Search of the Optimal Technique. Surg Innov 2014; 21(3):327-336