Skin Cancer Checks | Skin Clinic Fremantle
What should I know about skin cancer?
- 2 out of 3 West Australians will develop some sort of skin cancer during their lifetime.
- Skin cancers account for around 80% of all newly diagnosed cancers in Australia.
- More than 90% of skin cancers are caused by exposure to the sun.
- Melanoma is now the most common life threatening cancer in the 15 to 44 year age group.
- Melanoma is the third most common life threatening cancer in both men and women overall.
Most of us know that protecting our skin from the sun is the most important step in preventing skin cancer. But maybe your skin hasn’t always been well protected, or maybe you can’t always avoid the sun? Perhaps you have a family history of skin cancer?
Most skin cancers are curable if caught early. It is important to regularly check you own skin, but you can also give yourself peace of mind with a full skin check appointment.
Types of skin cancer:
The 3 main types of skin cancer in Australia are:
- BCC (Basal Call Cancer)
- SCC (Squamous Cell Cancer)
Can grow locally (potentially more dangerous on the face)
Melanoma can arise anywhere on the body, including the face, scalp, lips, ears, under fingernails or toe nails (brown stripes), on the soles of feet, and in areas that have never been exposed to the sun.
A melanoma can be raised or flat, fast or slow growing and can rarely be pink or flesh-coloured (especially in fair skinned people).
Skin Cancer Checks in Fremantle | FAQ’s
How much is a Skin Cancer Check?
|Full Body Skin Check (Mon-Fri)||$100-140 (Medicare rebate applies)|
|Full Body Skin Check (Sat)||$135-170 (Medicare rebate applies)|
Further costs may apply if additional treatment is necessary. Please note that longer appointments may incur a higher fee but the gap payment after the Medicare rebate will be similar.
or Contact Us to Arrange Your Appointment