Our current job opportunities are listed here and the page is updated regularly. Once a position is filled, it will be removed from the website – so it’s on here it means we haven’t yet found the perfect person!
Surgical Nurse – May 2021
We have a current opportunity for an Enrolled or Registered Nurse with experience in day surgery and/or wound care to join our enthusiastic and friendly team. Hours are part-time and can be flexible, with no weekend or evening work. The role includes:
- Surgical assisting for skin excisions
- Wound care, removal of sutures and dressings
- Delivery of results and patient follow-up
- Photodynamic therapy application
- Co-ordination of the procedure rooms, including stock control, sterilisation, instrument care.
- Clinical audit activities
We are looking for someone with:
- Recent day surgery and/or wound care experience (a minimum of 2 years experience would be favourable)
- Compassion and enthusiasm, with a friendly manner
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Well-developed communication skills, conflict resolution negotiation and problem-solving
- A commitment to personal and professional development
- Experience with Best Practice software
- Current AHPRA registration
- Current Working With Children (WWC) check
- Eligibility to work in Australia
Further training, including in dermoscopy and skin checks, will be available for the right candidate. Please forward your cv and a covering letter to [email protected]fremantle.com.au or contact us on (08) 93363066 for a chat.
Skin Cancer Doctor
We currently are on the look-out for an additional primary care skin cancer doctor to join our team. The Skin Clinic Fremantle is a privately-billing practice, with digital dermoscopy, dedicated procedure rooms and surgical nursing support. We offer a full array of surgical and non-surgical treatment options including PDT. We are a close-knit, collegiate team who aim to deliver excellence in patient care using quality, evidence-based medicine.
- Essentials required for this role:
- VR-GP with access to non-restricted Medicare provider number.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and application of current national guidelines for skin cancer care.
- Post-graduate dermoscopy qualifications to SCCA Advanced Certificate Level or equivalent experience.
- Advanced surgical skills including flaps/grafts are not essential.
- Hours available: 3-9 sessions per week.
If you think you could be an asset to our team and would like to join us, please email your resume and a cover letter to Gail, our Practice Manager.