Our current job opportunities are listed here and the page is updated regularly. Once a position is filled, it will be removed from the website – so it’s on here it means we haven’t yet found the perfect person!
We currently have an opportunity for an Enrolled or Registered Nurse with experience in day surgery to join our enthusiastic and friendly team.
The role includes:
- Surgical assisting
- Wound care and dressings
- Delivery of results and patient follow-up
- Photodynamic therapy
- Co-ordination of the procedure room, including stock control, sterilisation, instrument care.
- Clinical audit activities
We are looking for someone with:
- Recent day surgery and/or wound care experience (2yr minimum would be favourable)
- Compassion and enthusiasm, with a friendly manner.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Well-developed communication skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and problem solving.
- A commitment to personal and professional development.
- Experience with Best Practice medical software would be advantageous
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Current Working with Children (WWC) Check
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- Vaccination status in line with current DoH requirements
Hours are flexible, 2-3 days per week (no weekends or evenings). Further training in dermoscopy and skin checks would be available to the right candidate.
If you can meet the required criteria and would like to join us, please forward a covering letter & your CV to [email protected]
Skin Cancer Doctor
We currently are on the look-out for an additional primary care skin cancer doctor to join our team. The Skin Clinic Fremantle is a privately-billing practice, with digital dermoscopy, dedicated procedure rooms and surgical nursing support. We offer a full array of surgical and non-surgical treatment options including PDT. We are a close-knit, collegiate team who aim to deliver excellence in patient care using quality, evidence-based medicine.
For those seeking a work-life balance, Fremantle is a vibrant port city that enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with an excellent coastal lifestyle, exceptional local schools (private & public) and a plethora of local eateries and cultural venues. 20mins from the CBD and a pleasant 3hr drive to the Margaret River wine region.
- Essentials required for this role:
- VR-GP with access to non-restricted Medicare provider number.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and application of current national guidelines for skin cancer care.
- Post-graduate dermoscopy qualifications to SCCA Advanced Certificate Level or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated competency with small flaps/grafts desirable.
- Hours available: 3-9 sessions per week.